South Dakota Federal Surplus Property is a division of the State of South Dakota. The Agency acquires and redistributes surplus Federal Government property and late model federal vehicles to eligible entities incorporated and operating within the State of South Dakota.
Eligible organizations include:
- local and state public agencies and their subdivisions,
- 501 (c) nonprofit educational and health programs,
- programs funded for the elderly,
- providers of assistance to the homeless,
- veteran's service organizations,
- SBA 8a contractors, and
- Service Educational Activities of special interest to the armed services such as boy and girl scouts.
In Fiscal Year 2018, $5.1 million dollars in surplus property and $1.95 million dollars in late model vehicles were issued to eligible recipients. Federal Surplus Property is self supporting, no tax dollars are appropriated for this operation.
This agency operates two distribution centers - one at Huron and one on the west edge of Box Elder, SD. The Administrative offices are located at the Huron site. Both Centers are open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (local times) on Monday through Friday. Both remain open through the noon hour for customer convenience.
Visit our website for more information, forms and policies regarding South Dakota Federal Surplus Property http://boa.sd.gov/central-services/federal-surplus.aspx